Prevent Termite Damage At Home
PREVENT Termite Infestations, be proactive! Most home construction starts with a pre-treatment for Subterranean Termites. Termite pre- construction treatments CAN last up to 5 years. Because Termites are so prevalent in our valley, we recommend a Termite Treatment every three to five years after initial application.
How to Prevent Termites
- Grade soil around your home so water (like air-conditioning condensation) runs away from the foundation.
- Don’t put wood trellises on exterior walls.
- Trim bushes and greenery away from the foundation of your home.
- Move mulch away from the foundation.
- Repair leaking faucets and water lines inside and outside.
- Remove infested trees and stumps.
- Never bury any type of wood, or wood products, in your yard.
- Keep mulch, wood debris, scrap lumber, sawdust and firewood away from your home. If you do keep firewood outside your house during the winter, keep it raised and off the ground.
- MOST IMPORTANTLY: MAKE SURE there is NO wood (or home) contact with the SOIL! Wood siding, STUCCO and foam board should be six inches away from the ground.
- Seal all cracks in your home’s foundation, they can provide a handy access point for termites.
- Have a professional PREVENTIVE Termite Control Treatment!
Responsible Termite Control Phoenix AZ, Mesa, Glendale, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Chandler, Queen Creek, Maricopa AZ & surrounding areas.