Ants are social insects, and live in COLONIES usually underground, but also enter homes and buildings for food or shelter. Ants eat practically every kind of food, but Ants entering homes are looking for sweets or protein rich food sources.
The most common wall-nesting ants are:
- carpenter ants
- crazy ants
- odorous house ants
- Pharaoh ants
- their ants
- Rover Ants also called “piss ants
Non-Chemical Control Methods. These are always used when they apply.
- Sanitation (to remove ants food sources)
- Removal of plants that attract ants (& aphids)
- change landscaping to discourage ants (&aphids)
- trim shrubs and trees (to eliminate entrance via branches touching building)
- Reduce moisture sources
- seal pipe & utility line entrances
- replace exterior hollow-core doors with solid core doors
- replace old weatherstripping and door sweeps
- Identify – correct identification is an important step to controlling ants, because some require baits and some require pesticides.
- Locate Nests
- Perimeter barrier treatment
Contact us ONLINE, or call 480-924-4111 or 623-455-5460.
Responsible Pest Control Mesa- Making happy customers in Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Gilbert, Queen Creek, Maricopa, & all surrounding areas.