Bees… We can’t live with them & We can’t live with out them!!! Honey Bees are responsible for $1.2 BILLION ~ $5.4 BILLION in agriculture pollination in the United States each year! (A third of the worlds food.) Bee HEALTH is a big concern as “Colony Collapse Disorder” continues to grow. Colony Collapse Disorder is when worker Bees DISAPPEAR; leaving behind their QUEEN Bee, food, and nurse bees. This last year was one of the worst on record for US Beekeepers, with some losing up to 60% of their Bee hives.
When a Bee colony matures and gets to big, the colony splits. Swarming bees leave the old colony with a new Queen Bee in search of a new home. Bee Swarms are very common during Spring and Fall in the desert. These bees fill their bellies with honey for energy before they leave their old colony. Swarming Bees use lots of energy to relocate causing them to be less aggressive, and less likely to sting. Another reason Bees aren’t usually aggressive when swarming is because they have no hive to protect!!!
Often we get phone call from alarmed residents who see a SWARM of bees close to their home. When you see a large cluster (swarm) of bees, they are resting on their journey for a new home / new colony. (For bee keepers, this is prime time to capture the swarm!) Often they will rest on trees or homes in a large ball mass. Masses of swarming Bees are resting, and they usually leave within 48 hours. During this time Bees aren’t usually aggressive, because they have no hive to protect.
Bee Swarm or Bee Hive Removal Gilbert AZ
Bee Swarms in Gilbert or Hives should be removed when they pose a health & safety risk. Bees sometimes start a new colony in walls, attics, mailboxes, trees, behind someone’s shutters, garbage cans, water boxes, public areas, and many other places. When a bee colony has started to make a hive or has established a hive on your property, then it is time for Professional Bee Removal. The hive must be completely removed, and the area sealed, to guarantee against future re-infestation. If possible contact The Bee Man to collect swarms or hives LIVE!
We do not recommend trying to remove Bees on your own! Did you know Honeybees are more dangerous than snakes? Bees kill more people each year than all the poisonous snakes combined.
Do This, Not That
- Check your property regularly for bee hives. Check water meter boxes, irrigation boxes, BBQ’s, trash cans, trees, and bushes.
- Keep children and pets inside while doing landscape maintenance. ( undiscovered Bee Hives are often irritated & provoked at this time.)
- Keep Still if you discover a bee hive close by. Bees are more likely to attach a moving object than a stationary one.
- DO NOT: Destroy, Remove, or Exterminate a hive on your own! Attempting Bee Control without proper training & equipment has led to serious INJURY and DEATH.
What To Do If Attacked
1. RUN… Run away as fast as you can. (Don’t try to brush or shoo away bee as this irritates the more.)
2. While Running as fast as you can, cover your head ~ Bees target your head and eyes!
3. Get INSIDE the closest car or home! If bees get into the car with you, drive a quarter mile or so , and them let them out. (They’ll go back to hive.) Inside homes Bees get disoriented, and fly to windows. If the house is cool, Bees will just drop off you.
Help the Bees
ONE in every THREE bites of food we take comes from pollinated plants and animals that depend on Bees for pollination. But Bees have been mysteriously dying since about 2006. Since then ONE THIRD of honey bee colonies in the U.S.A. have vanished!
Without Bees many Farmers and crops would fail, leading to sharp rises in food costs.
- Help feed Bees by planting a native flower garden!
- If you live in a rural area, start a Honey Bee hive! (Great learning experience for you & your family + get honey!)
- SPONSOR a hive! If you can’t start a hive on your own, DONATE to a BEE PRESERVATION organization!
- SUPPORT your local BEE KEEPER! You can do this by buying their honey & bee products!
- Let your Family and Friends know the importance of Bees and how they can help!
- Have a LOCAL Bee Keeper collect any Arizona Bee SWARM for SAFE Keeping!
Responsible Bee Pest Control Gilbert AZ – Making Happy Customers in Gilbert & surrounding areas.