Bed Bugs are becoming more and more of a problem in our Phoenix Valley Cities. Bed Bug prevention requires a conscious awareness of the problem, and sources.
There are many different ways Bed Bug Infestations get started in homes or apartments. This blog tell you how to prevent Bed Bugs and infestation.
Furniture & Things You Buy
This is a very common source of bed bugs infestations! Don’t buy refurbished mattresses or couches. If you buy new furniture, pick it up. Furniture delivery trucks also take away used furniture, and can have bed bugs in them. Don’t rent furniture. Don’t store other people’s furniture at your home. If you help someone move and have other people’s things in your car, inspect your car after their things are gone. Inspect all garage sale furniture or antique store furniture first. Inspect all used books before you buy them. If you shop at a thrift store, put them right into the washer and dryer!
- Check for: Bed Bugs (similar in size and shape to a tick but they have a rusty reddish color), Bed bug spots (several little black spots in a group), and Bed Bugs eggs (they look like little tiny pieces of rice).
- Pull all bedding back.
- Look under the mattress tag.
- Look in the side seams of the mattress.
- Check the box springs.
- Inspect the back side of the head board.
- If you find bed bugs or their fecal sign, report it to management, and get another room.
- When packing to travel use a soft bag (like a duffel bag or backpack) to pack instead of hard luggage. (You can put this in the dries when you get home)
- Inspect the luggage stand provided, and use it for your luggage instead of a bed or floor.
- Keep you things in your luggage, don’t use the furniture provided.
- Inspect the closet for bedbugs and fecal matter.
- Do not put your shoes or anything under the bed.
- When you get home, unpack in a laundry room and launder everything immediately.
- Inspect all your luggage and things for bed bugs upon returning home.
- If you thing you picked up bed bugs in your luggage: Put it in a sealed plastic bag with a fumigation strip, or put the sealed plastic bag in the HOT sun for a few days, or put it in the dryer.
- Visitors to your home
- Public Transportation
All Responsible Pest Control’s expert technicians are totally dedicated to providing you GUARANTEED Pest Control services with special effort & consideration for your family, & pets. We’re working to provide you with SUPERIOR service by: applying only premium products, using RESPONSIBLE application methods, utilizing our 21+ years of experience, continuing our EDUCATION & training, and giving attention to DETAILS.
Responsible Pest Control Mesa AZ – Serving Phoenix, Mesa, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Chandler, Glendale, Queen Creek, Maricopa, & surrounding Cities.