Cooler Weather Sends ROOF RATS Into Phoenix area Homes.
Responsible Pest Control provides expert Rat Control to the Greater Phoenix Valley! Eliminating Rats with Identification, Prevention, Home Sealing and Trapping!
Signs Of Rodent Infestation
Rats and mice leave fecal matter and urine everywhere they go. Rats use there nose to follow pheromone trails left by other rats. They often enter homes, attics, & structures for shelter.
Rats are excellent climbers, & can climb strait up stucco walls, block fences, and walk on wires or branches to enter homes. Rodents can enter through open doors, holes by loose fitting pipes, roofing gaps, & un-screened vents. They can fit through very small holes in your construction that you probably don’t even know are there!
- Gnaw marks – new gnaw marks are rough, and older gnaw areas are smoother from wear. Old holes also can get greasy. Chewed wiring, and water lines.
- Rat Feces
- Rat Tracks and footprints. These foot prints will be a 4 toed print with a 5 toed footprint right behind it.
- Greasy marks and paths or Rat tracks on vertical walls. These are areas that Rats use to climb up a wall or building.
- Nests or Burrows – may have rub marks around it.
- Look for food sources that have been eaten by Rats…..They love fruits (roof rats are attracted to Citrus Fruit!), veggies, cereals, and meat.
- Noises coming from attic or walls, especially at night.
Prevent Roof Rat Problems:
- Get Rat Traps placed outside, or professional grade bait boxes.
- Trim back all bushes & trees that CONTACT your home!
- Clear out the citrus FRUIT!
- If you have a dog or a cat do not leave PET FOOD outside in a dish over night ~ Rats LOVE to eat pet food.
- Remove debris from around the home. Rodents love piles of wood, old vehicle parts, cinder block piles, etc.
- Clean up after you BBQ… Rodents love BBQ’s so keep it CLEAN!
Rodent Seal & Trapping Control
- The first step in effective rodent control is Exclusion. The most efficient way to prevent rodents from infesting a structure is to seal even the smallest entry points. Rats can get through holes as small as the size of a nickle. Roof rats can enter homes through openings in walls, eaves and roofs. Remember to trim branches to further prevent entry.
- After sealing your home or building, we remove rodents already inside by TRAPPING. (We trap rather than bait rodents inside so you know where they are & can easily remove them ~ If a rodent dies from poison inside it can be very hard to find.)
- Follow up is EXTERIOR rodent baiting and TRAPPING to control outside rodent population, & pressure.
GUARANTEED Termite & Pest Control for 21+ years. Mesa Pest Control in Phoenix, Glendale, Chandler, Mesa, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Peoria, Queen Creek, Maricopa, & all surrounding areas.