Phoenix AZ Rodent Control
We’ll search out entry points, seal Your home, & keep them out!
Rats spread Salmonella, Hantavirus, Rat Bite Fever, Fleas, Ticks. They damage to Phoenix Valley homes chewing through wood & electric wires causing up to 25% of U.S. house fires!
The First Step for Effective Rat Control in the Phoenix AZ Valley is Exclusion…
- The first step in effective Phoenix rat control is Exclusion. The most efficient way to prevent rodents from infesting a structure is to seal even the smallest entry points. Rats can get through holes as small as the size of a nickle. Roof rats can enter homes through openings in walls, eaves and roofs. Remember to trim branches to further prevent entry.
- After sealing your home or building, we remove rodents already inside by TRAPPING. (We trap rather than bait rodents inside so you know where they are & can easily remove them ~ If a rodent dies from poison inside it can be very hard to find.)
- Follow up is EXTERIOR rodent baiting and TRAPPING to control outside rodent population, & pressure.
Rat Exclusions are guaranteed for 1 year.
Very knowledgeable, great service. We’re keeping them!”Responsible Pest Control Services is a great service. We had a pest problem that our previous pest company was not dealing with…they actually had been treating for the wrong kind of bug. We hired Responsible Pest Control and they have taken care of the problem in 3 service visits.Initially, we called around and got bids from a few different companies. David with Responsible Pest Control personally met with me and did our first 2 services. He was very knowledgeable.Our contract with them is for 10 units twice a month, every other week. They also have been doing other things for us like exterior spraying to seal the building and including extra products in our regular contract rate.I will refer Responsible Pest Control Services to anyone I know. We are definitely keeping the service!”Written by: R. ShortRat ControlDate published: 01/13/20154.9 / 5 stars
Cooler Weather Sends ROOF RATS Into Phoenix Area Homes.
- Rats and mice leave fecal matter and urine everywhere they go. Rats use there nose to follow pheromone trails left by other rats. They often enter homes, attics, & structures for shelter.
- Rats are excellent climbers, & can climb strait up stucco walls, block fences, and walk on wires or branches to enter homes. Rodents can enter through open doors, holes by loose fitting pipes, roofing gaps, & un-screened vents. They can fit through very small holes in your construction that you probably don’t even know are there!
Prevent Roof Rat Problems:
- Have your home professionally sealed. (Rats only need a half inch to enter, we use Copper Mesh, Caulk, and other materials to seal.)
- Get Rat Traps placed outside, or professional grade bait boxes.
- Trim back all bushes & trees that CONTACT your home!
- Clear out the citrus FRUIT!
- If you have a dog or a cat do not leave PET FOOD outside in a dish over night ~ Rats LOVE to eat pet food.
- Remove debris from around the home. Rodents love piles of wood, old vehicle parts, cinder block piles, etc.
- Clean up after you BBQ… Rodents love BBQ’s so keep it CLEAN!
Effective Roof Rat Control in Phoenix
- Roof Rats leave lots of droppings where they spend their time. You can effectively place Rat Traps, or baits in these areas.
- Because Rats slow down for corners, Rat Traps are more effective when they are placed in corners.
- Roof Rats like to eat fruits, and cereals so high-carb baits works best. Place bait in the center of your Glue Board or snap-trap.
- Because Rats are very cautious animals, try not to disturb their environment when placing Rat Traps and baits!!!
- Because Roof Rats eat in several places, make several bait or Rat Traps placements.
- Because Roof Rats eat in groups of up to 10 rats, use a sufficient amount of bait.
- Roof Rats often travel distances up to three hundred feet for food & water, creating established RUNWAYS. Place Rat Traps and baits along RUNWAYS and walls. Glue Board traps can be wired to pipes, or rafters in their high traffic areas.
Signs of Rodent Infestation
- Look for feces. Feces are usually found in areas around BBQ’S, air conditioning units, pool equipment, and any other area that is somewhat secluded.
- Listen for sounds at night or early morning. If the rodents have infested your attic you will usually hear scratching or gnawing noises. Since rodents are nocturnal the best time to hear these are early morning or at night.
- Your neighbors have rodents. Usually if your neighbors have had to deal with rodents you have them also. A rat will usually travel up to a 100 yard radius from their nest to gather food and water.
- You have seen one. If you have seen a rodent on your property, chances are you have an issue that needs to be dealt with.
- The fruit on your tree is disappearing. If a rodent is eating from your tree you will see hollowed out fruit often times still hanging from the tree.
Rats & Mice carry infectious diseases, and can cause damage to: electrical wiring (posing fire danger), water lines, and construction of homes. According to the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention, “Worldwide, Rats & Mice spread over 35 diseases.” Diseases spread to humans directly, and indirectly through:
- Handling rodents,
- Contact with feces,
- Rodent bites.
- Fleas that have fed on infected rodents.
House Mice Control
Mice and Rats invade 21 million homes in the U.S. every winter! They spread Salmonella, Hantavirus, & carry ticks, fleas & lice. Rodents chew through wood & electric wires posing risk of home fires. Female mice have up to 12 babies every three WEEKS!
Responsible Pest Control is professionally getting rid of mice in cooler months. Our desert is a natural habitat for many different rodents, and cooler temps encourage them to come indoors. Most residents don’t want to share their home with these little natives, so we get a lot of calls for getting rid of mice.
To effectively control mice you have to either think like a mouse, or have the experience to know how to trap them. We use professional grade glue traps. These traps, IF PLACED IN THE RIGHT AREAS, are very effective! The trick is to use the right bait, and place traps in an area they are sure to visit. We usually bait with peanut butter, but mice are very curious creatures so you can try cheese or small shiny objects.
The House Mouse
- Is the most common RODENT Pest!
- Reproduces RAPIDLY year round!
- Adapts to changes quickly.
- Share nests.
- They can live inside AND Outside.
- As you can see in this video, MICE are VERY smart!
- Small drops of MICE URINE cause allergies in children.
- Mice spread: Mites, Ticks, and Fleas!
Call today! We’ll search out entry points, seal Your home, & keep them out!
Rat Pest Control in Phoenix, Mesa, Scottsdale, Chandler, Gilbert, Queen Creek, Maricopa, and surrounding areas.