Insects rely on mother nature to regulate what they do, because they are cold blooded! Warmer weather is like a WAKE-UP call to pests. In Arizona, we have long spells of HOT weather bringing increased insect activity!
Discourage Pest Infestations At Home
- Eliminate debris (rocks, wood piles, etc) pests can hide under during the day around your home, & several feet out.
- Repair any leaky pipes.
- Add door sweeps.
- Make sure all weather stripping around your home is in good order.
- Screen vents around and on top of your home.
- Change exterior light bulbs to yellow bulbs, because they are less attractive to MANY bugs!
- Make sure your not over watering. (most watering systems are set daily, but every 2 to 3 days is sufficient)
- Fix broken watering system parts.
- Make sure all water on your property is draining. (no hidden puddles)
- Trim all plants, and make sure they aren’t touching your house.
- Keep grass areas trimmed low.
- Clean up all food crumbs, spills, etc., in a timely manner.
- Caulk around doors and windows to seal up any holes.
- Seal all concrete expansion joints with calk.
- Calk all block fence “I” blocks
- Prevent “sewer roaches” from coming up drains by using ALL drains regularly. Pipes under drains have a U shaped loop call a “trap”. If these drains are used regularly, water will stay in the bottom of the U shaped pipe. This water in the ”trap” prevents sewer roaches from coming through and into your home;) If a bathroom is unused, water in the “trap” dries up allowing sewer roaches to enter. Sewer roaches can infest your home if there are moist conditions. (Usually from leaky pipes under sinks.)
Have a Pest Problem? Call for a FREE Inspection & Quote!
Call 480-924-4111, or 623-455-5460.
Responsible Pest Control Mesa AZ – Making Happy Customers in: Phoenix, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Chandler, Queen Creek, Maricopa AZ & surrounding areas.
“by Jewls Huffaker”