There are many different ways Bedbug infestations get started. This blog will help you prevent a Bed Bug infestation.
Furniture & Things You Buy
This is a very common source of bedbugs! Don’t buy refurbished mattresses or couches. (If you must… get one of these Bedbug Mattress Cover) If you buy new furniture, pick it up, and cover with a Bedbug Blocking Mattress Cover! Furniture delivery trucks also take away used furniture, and can have bedbugs in them. Don’t rent furniture. Don’t store other people’s furniture at your home. If you help someone move, and have other people’s things in your car, inspect your car after their things are gone. Inspect all garage sale furniture or antique store furniture first. Inspect all used books before you buy them. If you shop at a thrift store, put items right into the washer and dryer when you get home!
Check for: Bedbugs (similar in size and shape to a tick but they have a rusty reddish color), Bedbug spots (several little black spots in a group), and Bedbug eggs (they look like little tiny pieces of rice).
- Pull all bedding back.
- Look under the mattress tag.
- Look in the side seams of the mattress.
- Check the box springs.
- Inspect the back side of the head board.
- If you find bedbugs or their fecal sign, report it to management, and get another room.
- When packing to travel use a soft bag (like a duffel bag or backpack) to pack instead of hard luggage. (You can put this in the dries when you get home)
- Inspect the luggage stand provided, and use it for your luggage instead of a bed or floor.
- Keep you things in your luggage, don’t use the furniture provided.
- Inspect the closet for bedbugs and fecal matter.
- Do not put your shoes or anything under the bed.
- When you get home, unpack in a laundry room and launder everything immediately.
- Inspect all your luggage and things for bedbugs upon returning home.
- If you thing you picked up bedbugs in your luggage: Put it in a sealed plastic bag with a fumigation strip, or put the sealed plastic bag in the HOT sun for a few days, or put it in the dryer.
- Visitors to your home
- Public Transportation
Delivering Pest Control in Mesa, Chandler, Scottsdale, Phoenix, Gilbert, Queen Creek, Maricopa, & surrounding areas.