Phoenix Scorpion Map 2017
This map (will load in a few seconds) shows areas in the Phoenix Valley that have significant scorpion problems. Specifically representing areas where we know of scorpion infestations, because of scorpion pest control services provided. Please zoom in for a closer view of specific areas use two fingers to zoom in or the + (plus) and the – (minus) signs on the left side of the map!
As you can see from the map, scorpion infestations are common throughout the valley. Some areas have more scorpions than others including Gilbert, Chandler, as well as around South Mountain and the Ahwatukee Foothills areas.
Tips For House Hunters
We usually suggest that you just find your dream home, and budget for monthly scorpion control. However there are a few things you can look for, and do, to avoid potential scorpion problems.
- Try to choose a home away from common areas, because they don’t get treated for scorpions, and usually have an abundance of food or water.
- Avoid homes with lots of rock or brick on the home itself, because Bark Scorpions love to infest the cracks.
- Homes with large landscaping rocks, untrimmed palm trees, and un-maintained swimming pools that have cracks in the cool decking and concrete tend to harbor scorpions.
- Make sure you get a home inspection.
- Thoroughly read the property disclosure, as home sellers must disclose pest and scorpion problems!
How Scorpions Spread
Even if your home or neighborhood does not have scorpions now, the problem can develop because scorpions spread. Scorpions spread and infest new areas several ways including: human transportation, hunting activities, reproduction, and development. Did you know that scorpions ATTRACT other scorpions with vibrations and pheromones meant to attract a mate?They do! Scorpions also spread from one area to another as they hunt for food. They also spread by hitchhiking or stowing away in boxes, (or other containers) landscaping materials, or potted plants from nurseries to a new home. Scorpion problems can develop, where they once were not, when development pushes them out of their natural habitats.Schedule Scorpion Control ONLINE
Call 480-924-4111 or 623-455-5460
Providing Scorpion Pest Control in Mesa, Phoenix, Chandler, Glendale, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Queen Creek, Maricopa, & ALL surrounding areas.