Tarantula Season in Phoenix
In the Phoenix AZ Valley male Tarantulas emerge from burrows during late summer – fall (NOW). They’re seen in large numbers in valley yards, and crossing streets, as they search for a MATE!
Tarantulas don’t spin webs… These hairy spiders are BURROW dwellers! Tarantulas are LARGE, HAIRY, spiders with very slow metabolisms. Because of a slow metabolism, Tarantulas live for a LONG time. Male Tarantulas reach maturity between 8 and 9 years old, and female Tarantulas can live more than 20 years!
Although most people are alarmed when they find a Tarantula inside, they’re just a nuisance pest, not a pest control target. Tarantula bites are no more dangerous than other wolf spider bites, or bee stings. If you find one in the house, the best thing to do is capture and release it outside! Tarantulas are a spider that you see for a SHORT time each year, they are not a regular Phoenix Pest Control target. Sometimes male Tarantulas, who are out looking for a mate, fall into swimming pools and drown.
- Tarantulas are NOCTURNAL.
- They usually stay in their BURROWS during the day.
- Tarantula burrows are natural holes in the ground, under stones, cracks in trees, etc.
- Tarantulas often have burrows CLOSE BY other Tarantula burrows.
- Tarantulas EAT other SPIDERS, & BUGS!
- Tarantulas can live 2 YEARS – WITHOUT food, as long as they have WATER.
- Male Tarantulas come out in late summer through fall to find a mate.
- Male Tarantulas can be seen, summer & fall, in large numbers crossing roads or in yards.
Schedule Online, or Call 480-924-4111 or 623-455-5460
Providing Pest Control in Mesa, Phoenix, Scottsdale, Glendale, Chandler, Gilbert, Queen Creek, Maricopa AZ & surrounding areas.