- If the host (victim) moves to another room, bedbugs will FOLLOW them to the new room!
- During the day bed bugs hide in cracks & crevices close to the host. (examples: mattress seams, BOX SPRINGS, bed frames, headboard, baseboards, furniture, night stand, etc.)
- It takes a bed bugs 5 – 10 minutes for a full blood meal.
- Bed Bugs spread EASILY, and have been found spreading through Library Books!
- Bed Bugs can LIVE for several MONTHS with OUT a blood meal.
- Bed Bugs are attracted to the Carbon Dioxide we breath out at night!
- Bed Bugs can see in the dark!
Bed bugs are usually nocturnal eaters, feeding when residents are sleeping, BUT bed bugs will adjust their schedule to the sleeping hosts habits.
What Are Bedbugs?
- Bed bugs are small, reddish/brown, parasitic insects about the size of a tick.
- Bedbugs feed on human blood. Their saliva acts like an anesthetic, making bites painless.
- They haven’t been found to transmit diseases to humans. But, Blood loss from an average sized infestation has been found to stress the body.
- Bed bug BITES can get infected from scratching.
- Exposure to Bed Bug bites can cause an allergic reaction.
How Do You Get Bedbugs?
Bed bugs can be brought into a home on infested furniture, or visitors.
- They can come from luggage or personal belongings after staying in infested lodging areas, or using public transportation.
- In apartment homes, townhouses, or hotels, and other connected homes bed bugs will move from one infested home into others through wiring, plumbing, and shared walls.
- Bed Bugs have been found spreading through Library Books!
- Bed Bugs can crawl up to four feet per minute!
Signs of Bed Bug Problems
- Waking up with red, itchy bug bites.
- Patterns of 3 bites in a row.
- Dark spots on walls, mattress, and places where they hide.
- Blood spots (& Bed Bugs) on bed sheets, or mattress.
- Sightings of bed bugs. (Collect these in a sealed container for our Pest Control Professional)
- A “sweetish”, or a “buggy” smell in infested rooms.
Bed Bugs in Phoenix AZ areas are becoming a very common problem for landlords & renters alike. Join 1000′s of Happy Customers living Bedbug FREE in Phoenix Arizona & surrounding cities!
A bed bug infestation has nothing to do with cleanliness – you can pick them up in the finest hotels! Bed Bugs are very good HITCHHIKERS, and VERY easily transported. Once introduced to a home, they spread fast. Bed Bugs usually stay in cracks and crevices during the day, and come out to FEED at night. (Unless you sleep during the day…They’ll adjust their schedule to Yours!)
Providing Bed Bug Pest Control in Mesa, Phoenix, Glendale, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Chandler, Queen Creek, AZ & surrounding areas.