Home Pest Control For Lice
- Get a prescription shampoo (for head lice) or lotion (for body and pubic lice). These treatments are available over the counter. Follow the instructions on the label.
- For head and pubic lice, two or more applications are required for control, because not all eggs are killed on the first application.
- Examine all members of the family or household for lice!
- Wash all laundry and bedding in HOT water and dry on HIGH HEAT.
Any kid of lice infestation is a MEDICAL problem, NOT a Pest Control target.
- White children have most of the head lice incidence, while black children rarely have lice problems.
- Kids have a much higher rate of lice in schools where lockers are shared.
- Kids in schools with assigned wall hooks for clothing have much LOWER head lice problems, than schools with unassigned wall hooks.
- Head lice will almost certainly NOT SURVIVE in an empty school from the close of school on Friday to the start on school on Monday.
Signs of Lice
- Head Lice: eggs (or nits) are the most important sign of lice, because they are more numerous than lice themselves.
- Scratching the back, or the nape of the neck.
- Body lice: These lice are observed on the outside clothing. Looking for deprived living conditions is key. These are usually found in areas where people have to wear several layers of cloths. They are most commonly found in hospitals, jails, and morgues.
- Crab/Pubic lice: Eggs or nits is the most important sign of pubic lice. Eggs are easier to see, and don’t move around. Lice are closer to the skin where they feed. Another sign is irritation and scratching. Blue dots develop at feeding sites which can be swollen and tender.
Responsible Pest Control Phoenix AZ, Mesa, Gilbert, Scottsdale, Chandler, Queen Creek, Maricopa AZ & surrounding areas.