Its no secret that summer is that time of year when bugs go crazy! You have probably noticed more insects around lately. Ants, Crickets, Roaches, Spiders, and of course scorpions are “in bloom” all over our valley. There are some environmental contributing factors that allow pests the resources they need to feed and breed. During July we have a few favorable conditions for pests in our valley:
- Hi Temperatures
- Monsoon Humidity
- Monsoon Rain
- Moisture from abundant watering
- Dying or decaying plants and gardens
These bugs are EXPLODING in number with HEAT and monsoon MOISTURE right now:
There are a few things we can do to help cut back on these pest resources around our homes and yards:
- Make sure your not over watering. (most watering systems are set daily, but every 2 to 3 days is sufficient)
- Make sure all water on your property is draining. (no hidden puddles)
- Remove all debris from the ground.
- Trim all dead or dying plants.
- Keep grass trimmed low.
- Clean up all food crumbs, spills, etc., in a timely manner.
These are steps you can take to reduce pests around your home and yard. As always, Professional Pest Control is essential to keep dangerous pests away from your home and yard in our area.
Schedule Online or call 480-924-4111
Responsible Pest Control serving Mesa, Phoenix, Gilbert, Chandler, Scottsdale, and the entire valley.